Our new webinar series will cover how nutrition and lifestyle factors influence the anatomy and physiology of pain. Chartered Physiotherapist and Registered Nutritional Therapist, Kieran Macphail, will outline his research on the specific area of low back pain, diet and lifestyle. Kieran will also cover the emerging area of chronic overlapping pain conditions, which are typically the most challenging.
Join us at 12:30pm on Friday 13th, 20th & 27th November 2020
Cost: £50 | CPD: 4 hours (applied for)
All registered Cytoplan practitioners will receive a £25 discount voucher* at the end of the webinar series. If you’re not yet registered with us, you can create your account today via the Cytoplan website.
About the course
Over three weeks, the course is aimed at health professionals who wish to gain and evidence-based understanding of:
- Education that helps patients understand their ups and downs in recovery
- Food choices that modify key systems known to influence the pain experience
- Behaviours and lifestyle choices known to have an impact on the pain experience
- Specific pathologies linked with nutrition and lifestyle causes and their management
- Gut microbiome interactions in pain, understand the basics of assessment and treatment
- Magnesium and stress, understand the relationship within the broader context of chronic overlapping pain conditions
- Chronic overlapping pain conditions, the relationship of widespread pain, anxiety, irritable bowel syndrome and small fiber neuropathy
- Gap map assessment and treatment, measuring your patients current diet and lifestyle against known ideals and helping them choose the areas to work on
The course content will be delivered in weekly sessions on three consecutive Fridays in a live 1-hour webinar format with an additional 20 minutes for questions and answers at the end of each session. The sessions will be recorded and will be available for delegates to view at their convenience. So don’t worry if you can’t make a session, you can always catch up at a time to suit you.
Each session will be followed by a live Instagram session where Kieran will share three key aspects of healthy diet and lifestyle for pain management and why we should care about them, inviting questions from all.
WEEK ONE : Friday 13th November
Anatomy & Physiology of Pain & Nutrition
- Understanding how nutrition influences anatomy & physiology of pain
- Specifically, systemic inflammation & pain Adipose & pain
- The gut microbiome & pain
- Assessing systemic inflammation
- Treating systemic inflammation
WEEK TWO : Friday 20th November
Low Back Pain & Nutrition
- Red flags
- Osteogenic low back pain
- Modic changes
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Intervertebral disc disease
- Cardiovascular association
- Postural low back pain
- Bloating and distension of gut
- Myofascial low back pain
- The GI tract and low back pain
- Mechanical, systemic and psychological implications
- Chronic non-specific low back pain
WEEK THREE : Friday 27th November
Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions & Nutrition
- The relationship of widespread pain, anxiety, irritable bowel syndrome and small fiber neuropathy
- The gut microbiome and chronic overlapping pain conditions
- Stress and magnesium
- Gap map assessment of the patient
- Clinical examples
About the speaker
Kieran is a Chartered Physiotherapist, Registered Nutritional Therapist and corrective exercise specialist who specialises in getting people out of chronic spinal pain and back to what they do best. He has an MSc in Orthopaedic Medicine and is a reviewer for the Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies and the journal Medical Hypotheses. Kieran has presented and published in peer reviewed journals on a range of topics around chronic pain management.
Over the last 16 years he has worked with people in 6 continents, including royalty, heads of state, Ryder Cup Golfers, people with complex disabilities, Hollywood A-listers and billionaires.
* T&Cs apply. £25 discount voucher will be issued to registered Cytoplan practitioners only. You must be registered as a Cytoplan practitioner by the end of the webinar series on 27th November 2020. The discount voucher will be issued within 7 days of the webinar series ending.