Kieran is a physiotherapist, nutritional therapist and corrective exercise specialist who specialises in getting people out of chronic pain and back to what they do best. Whether writing, lecturing or working 1:1 with patients, Kieran focuses on understanding the multitude of specific mechanisms that lead people to experience pain. This leads Kieran to consider the specific diet, lifestyle and physical causes of a patients pain experience, and how each of these areas can help a patient get back to what they do best.
Kieran learned from a young age that through studying specific areas he could improve things whether it be in his rugby, golf swing, running or surfing. In his late teens after qualifying as a sports massage therapist, nutritionist and personal trainer Kieran turned this interest to improving his own health and after reading the Optimum Nutrition Bible by Patrick Holford Kieran realised just how powerful good nutrition was. He began to study health and rehabilitation voraciously. In 2004 he chose to study Nutritional Medicine at Thames Valley university.
Shortly after qualifying as a personal trainer Kieran began to study with the CHEK Institute who specialise in teaching a holisitic approach to managing patients and conditioning athletes. Kieran continued to see clients and specialised in helping people recover from pain and thrived on studying to understand the specific reasons for each individual’s symptoms. This led to him achieving a reputation in his area for the rehabilitation of spinal patients in particular.
In 2007 Kieran’s desire to understand the biomechanical as well as biochemical causes of spinal symptoms drove him to pursue the area further and study physiotherapy at Bournemouth university. Throughout his studies Kieran maintained a case load of 20 clients on average, whilst commuting up to 2 hours a day to and from university. Fortunately Kieran qualified in Nutritional Medicine in 2008, allowing him to focus more on implementing his new nutritional medicine skills whilst completing his physiotherapy degree and running his clinic.
In October 2008 Kieran found time amongst studying to present at the 1st CHEK International conference on, “The Evidence Base for the Hierarchy of Survival Reflexes”. He has since written this presentation up and it was published in the journal Medical Hypotheses in 2013. Since this presentation Kieran has been hired by various companies to present on a wide range of topics varying from, “A Comprehensive Approach To Trigger Point Management” to “A Comprehensive Approach To The Management Of Headaches And Migraines”. Furthermore, Kieran has been hired to compile reviews on a range of topics from “The Effects of Home Furnishings on Health” to “The Effects Of The Gastrointestinal System On Every Other System Of The Body”. For examples of presentations and reviews please below.
After qualifying as a physiotherapist Kieran secured a role at the Bowskill Clinic in central London. This has allowed Kieran to receive referrals from a variety of Harley Street and other high profile consultants which have allowed him to broaden his understanding in working with challenging spinal cases.
- 2013. Is There A Hierarchy Of Survival Reflexes? Medical Hypotheses.
- 2014. The Limbic System And Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain, in The Limbic System: Anatomy, Functions and Diseases. Also published in the Journal Of Biological And Medical Frontiers.
- 2015. C-Reactive Protein, Chronic Low Back Pain and, Diet and Lifestyle. International Musculoskeletal Medicine
- A comprehensive approach to the management of headaches and migraines
- A comprehensive approach to trigger points
- The evidence base for the hierarchy of survival reflexes
- The effects of soy on health
- Manipulation of acute exercise variables
- A comprehensive approach to stress at work
- A comprehensive approach to managing energy levels at work
- Breathing and low back pain
- A comprehensive approach to balancing female hormones
- And many others
- The effects of home furnishings on health
- The effects of the gastrointestinal system on health
- The effects of the bowel flora on health
- A comprehensive approach to Parkinson’s management
- The effects of soy on health
- Causes and effects of inflammation
- The effects of microwaved food on health
- And many others
- Post graduate diploma in Orthopaedic Medicine
- BSc (hons) Physiotherapy
- BSc Nutritional Therapy
- Diploma Nutritional Medicine
- Diploma Sports Massage Therapy
- Diploma Personal Training
- Corrective High-Performance Exercise Kinesiologist Level 3
- Society of Orthopaedic Medicine A & B & C
- Holistic Lifestyle Coach Level 2
- Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilisation A & B & C, Visceromotor, Sport I
- Certified Metabolic Typing Adviser