Super quick review of Physical Therapy in Sport May 2010
Acrobatic gymnastics injury: Occurenece, site and training risk factors
Purnell et al
- ½ participants sustained an injury whilst training in the last year
- >8hrs training at age 11 was deemed a significant risk factor
Visual acuity in young elite motorsport athletes: A preliminary report
Schneiders et al.
- Young elite motorsport athletes had superior vision to matched controls.
- Visual skill may be trainable.
Effects of eccentric exercise on optimum length of the knee flexors and extensors during the preseason in professional soccer players
Brughelli et al
- Increased by 4% and 6.5% respectively over 4 weeks.
- > Than control group
- Used eccentric box drop, lunge pushes, forward deceleration steps and reverse Nordic hamstrings, 2 of these 4, 3 times a week for approx 10-15 minutes.
Drop jump landing knee valgus angle; normative data in a physically active population
Herrington and Munro
- Females had greater valgus angles than males.
- Drop jump created greater valgus angle than step down.
Exploring amodel of asymmetric shoe wear on limb performance
Sole et al
- A 1mm medial foot wedge decreased heek raise performance approximately 10.7% and 22.4% compared to the lateral wedge
Cervical joint position sense in rugby players versus non-rugby players
Aliberti et al.
- Cervical joint position sense is worse is rugby players than non-athletic controls.